Re: Atlas Trainman C&O Caboose

rwitt_2000 <rmwitt@...>

"Paul Hillman" wrote:

the upcoming Athearn version of the same caboose.

Two faults of the Athearn car, as I see them, are:

1-) The cupola roof-radius/contour is too high.
2-) The car, side-windows are postioned too high, right under the
roof-line rather than about 12" below the foor-line.
Paul,

The Athearn caboose, as stated in their information, is based upon old
MDC tooling - actually from the 1950's. It is based on a different
prototype caboose than the caboose built by Magor for the C&O, etc.
Actually, I cannot recall if the old MDC 2-window caboose was based on
any particular prototype.

Bob Witt, Indianapolis, Indiana