Re: B&O boxcar Duryea underframe

rwitt_2000 <rmwitt@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "jc2fl" <jc02fl@...> wrote:

I have placed some photos illustrating the Duryea underframe in a
Yahoo photo album at

"new.photos.yahoo.com/b_and_o_boxcars/albums" (minus the quotes).

These photos are of M-53 boxcar 381538 located at the Florida Railroad
Museum, Parrish (Willow) FL. (www.frrm.org), just south of Tampa.

The album also has pictures of M-15NA #374834 and M-15PD #376330 which
are also located at the Florida Railroad Museum. These two cars do
not have the Duryea underframes.

John C.
Clearwater FL

Thank you posting these. Currently, I am not that near any wagon-top
boxcars to photograph their underframes. I specially appreciate those
photos of the M-53. The B&O Museum has a M-53A in its collection. The
Duryea underframe applied to the M-53A is structurally different than
the one use on the original class M-53.

Regards,

Bob Witt, Indianapolis, Indiana