From: John Riba
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Hauling Grapes By Rail

Hello Group,

I live in Westlake,OH and at one time it was the
world's largest shipper of Concord grapes.[or so they
claim].They were shipped in refrigerator cars on the
NKP to the Welch's plant in North East, PA. I knew a
man who loaded them, so it would be before WWII. Now
most of the vineyards are gone,replaced with housing
for people who want to be in the country.
John F. Riba
--- Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

http://www.sacramentohistory.org/admin/photo/984_1976.jpg