Re: B&O boxcar Duryea underframe

tedander2000

Give me a date and builder & I'll see if we have a B&O Durea
underframe drawing for that car in the Pullman Library - usually $25
for a copy of the builder's linen drawing for personal use only.
Builders currently available are Standard Steel and Pullman.
Ted Anderson, IRM Pullman Library

--- In STMFC@..., "rwitt_2000" <rmwitt@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., "jc2fl" <jc02fl@> wrote:

I have placed some photos illustrating the Duryea underframe in a
Yahoo photo album at

"new.photos.yahoo.com/b_and_o_boxcars/albums" (minus the quotes).

These photos are of M-53 boxcar 381538 located at the Florida
Railroad
Museum, Parrish (Willow) FL. (www.frrm.org), just south of Tampa.

The album also has pictures of M-15NA #374834 and M-15PD #376330
which
are also located at the Florida Railroad Museum. These two cars
do
not have the Duryea underframes.

John C.
Clearwater FL

Thank you posting these. Currently, I am not that near any wagon-
top
boxcars to photograph their underframes. I specially appreciate
those
photos of the M-53. The B&O Museum has a M-53A in its collection.
The
Duryea underframe applied to the M-53A is structurally different
than
the one use on the original class M-53.

Regards,

Bob Witt, Indianapolis, Indiana