C&EI Wood Cabooses

asychis@...

In a message dated 3/21/2007 8:40:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
STMFC@yahoogroups.com writes:

Perhaps it will also reveal some info on another C&EI caboose that
I've been searching for,....a 4 window (per-side), wood, center-
coupola, truss-rod type. This type caboose seems to appear on pages
13 & 38, in Edward DeRouin's book, "C&EI RR In Color", but the CEIHS
has yet been unable to identify it. I used to see this type caboose
on the C&EI Clearing-freights in Chicago, in the early 1960's.

Paul, the book does not cover C&EI wood cabooses in great detail. At least
in the text. The rosters are there for as many C&EI cabooses as I could find.
Do you have numbers for these wood cabooses you are interested in?

Jerry