Re: C&NW's Wood Street Terminal/ The Potato Yard

Tim O'Connor

direct link:
http://www.cnwhs.org/memberphotos/albums/userpics/10101/Wood-Street-Chgo.jpg

looks to me like some judicious airbrushing has 'cleaned up' the
place a bit

Tim O'Connor

At 3/21/2007 12:05 PM Wednesday, you wrote:
While reviewing the June 2002 issue of RAILMODEL JOURNAL I came
across a 1920s photo of C&NW's Wood Street Terminal in Chicago. This
facility also was known as "The Potato Yard".

The image shows scores of reefers and an ice deck. There is no
storage terminal building visible. Instead, the tracks for unloading
reefers are in pairs with space between each pair of tracks for
trucks to be loaded directly from the cars.

Fortunately, you won't have to look for the magazine as one can
locate the same image on the C&NW Historical Society's website.