Re: question about truss rods and brake wheel staffs

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Tim O'Connor wrote:
. . . it has been observed on this list and elsewhere that evidently the rule was no longer enforced after 1946, at least as far as privately leased cars were concerned. It was Tony Thompson who furnished this information to this list, in 2002.
I am indeed the one who said "evidently," though that was before I had read and understood the details of the ICC ruling. Hopefully Tim understands "evidently."

Publishers of books on railroad history