Re: SLRX Car Lading / also Varney.

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Thanks Rick for all the detail about SLRX.. Your comment about Varney was interesting. They were nice kits, but I've never had a feeling of the extent to which lettering on them was for cars that actually existed. I'll use them all when I build a home layout because my main interest is a realistic simulation of operations and I don' t look too hard at the car details. I'll not take that one to run in our 50's club operating sessions so that our resident nitpickers can't fuss about it.

Also in regard to Varney, I'm taking out cars that haven't been used for a number of years. I see that the plastic roofwalks and ice hatches have bent and whitened. I'd like to hear from anyone who may have rehabilitated some of those cars.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478