From: Brian J Carlson
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 11:39 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] New items from Speedwitch

Ted recently announced the following Katy kits.

> -- K105.1 & K105.2 - This is the first version of the M-K-T single
> sheathed box car in either yellow or box car red - $38. Other versions
> to follow in early May.

I have always liked the chrome yellow color of these cars. However, I am
trying to track these done in my ORER's to see how many were left in 1957. I
found 1365 still in the 95000-96800. This series is larger than the
95000-96499 series listed on the Speedwitch page. Also, the 76001-77500
series has been eliminated. I am guessing the survivors of the 76001-77500
series were absorbed into the 95000 series, as the years went on, and newer
boxcars joined the fleet. Is this correct? Also was the chrome yellow color
still in use in 1957? I think so. Were the wooden doors replaced in later
years? Were they still in general series at this late date? Any Katy
experts out there know the answers? Thanks

Brian Carlson