General Tools Co. Scale Rulers

Paul Hillman

I have some General Tools Co. stainless-steel rulers that I've had for
a "few" years, #1251, HO/S/O scales & #651 HO/O scales.

The black "paint" in of some of the recessed numbers has disappeared
over time.

What is a best way to re-blacken these recessed areas in the stainless-
steel? (Short of just buying a new "General Co." ruler.)

I have nostalgic reasons for repairing and retaining them if possible.
They are the only ones I've ever used for building STMFC era cars.

Thanks, Paul Hillman

Join to automatically receive all group messages.