Re: Los Angeles - May, 1948

Tim O'Connor

shawn

looks like NRC 310x. i agree with you about the tank cars.

From: "Beckert, Shawn" <shawn.beckert@...>
List,

This photo was taken at an "unidentified location" on the Pacific
Electric in May of 1948. The resolution on my monitor just isn't
sharp enough to make out the reporting marks on the wood reefer
to the left of the photo:

http://jpg3.lapl.org/pics35/00067057.jpg

Of more interest to me is the insulated tank car on the far right, the
one with the fat dome with overhanging cover. This design of tank
car has been on my wish list of HO kits for years; nothing like it has
ever been available AFAIK. These were used to haul asphalt and,
in at least one photographed instance, weed killer.

Shawn Beckert