Re: preparation of styrene kits for painting

John F. Cizmar

Tim,
What solvent did you use to thin it for spraying?
John Cizmar

Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Charlie here is the original message. This is the brand I bought.
I found it at a local pharmacy or Walmart, one or the other.

I think I may have found something that seems to stick to the
Delrin type plastic. After using it on some parts we put some on sheet
plastic and it seemed to be pretty firm.
It was black finger nail polich called Sally Hansen, Hard as Nails,
Xtreme Wear and labeled Black Out. It was purchased at an Ulta store.
It was also available in Silver and White plus many other colors. Most
likely other brands may be similar in durability.
We even spray painted over the coating and that seemed to also adhere.
It wasn't too expensive so shop around in that type department and give
something a try on grabs, trucks etc. Jim Elliot

At 4/10/2007 03:28 PM Tuesday, you wrote:
Tim-
Could you mention the brand (again?)
Charlie Vlk

I also bought a small bottle of black nail polish someone recommended.
It is supposed to stick like crazy to delrin and other slippery plastics. In
some cases these are the only things that need to be 'primed'. Failing
that, I grit blast the delrin parts.

It's here! Your new message!