From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
Richard Hendrickson
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:39 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: NYC Steel Boxcars, New Models?

On Apr 10, 2007, at 9:45 AM, Beckert, Shawn wrote:

In the ongoing discussion of the forthcoming New York Central cars,
I somehow missed any mention of just which boxcars we're talking
about. Does anyone have an idea of what NYC lot numbers these
boxcars will fall into?
They're the Spec. 486 cars adapted from the USRA standard steel box car
design (which was never built for the USRA). The models will represent
the cars built for the NYC between 1922 and 1927 with 7-8 corrugated
ends and either three-panel or corrugated doors. See my RMJ article
for a list of lot numbers and the NYC subsidiaries to which the cars
were originally assigned.

Richard Hendrickson