Re: preparation of styrene kits for painting

jerryglow2

It depends on the color. I painted (mostly brass) for 10 years and
used Scalecoat almost exclusively. I found it necessary to prime
(light gray) when the color coat was to be yellow or most reds.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>
wrote:

I'll second Denny's observations here. The best primer is a base
coat
of the color the model is to be painted. That's been my experience
with solvent-based paints like Scale Coat and Testor's
Modelmaster.
YMMV, of course, particularly if you're using water-based paints,
with
which I have little experience (all of it negative).

Richard Hendrickson