Re: NYC Steel Boxcars, New Models?

ljack70117@...

I thought you were talking about hand crafted brass models that have been coming from the Orient for ever. I have never seen a CNC generated mold that did not need a human to clean it up. Then after you get the mold finished and set up for use you still need some SAMPLES to see if it was made right and if it is running right. And the odds are you will find something that needs to be corrected. It is not a perfect world out there.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
Boca Raton FL
ljack70117@adelphia.net
I was born with nothing and
I have most of it left

On Apr 14, 2007, at 8:02 PM, Bruce Smith wrote:

On Sat, April 14, 2007 6:52 pm, ljack70117@adelphia.net wrote:
Then yo hope the workers follow the CAD Picture. I would not allow it
in my business.
Larry,

I think you missed Tom's point which was that there are NO workers. The
computer file drives the milling machine. You don't need no stinkin
workers! (well you do, but they create the file that tells the milling
machine what to do <G>)

Regards
Bruce

Bruce Smith