Re: Wabash box car kits from F&C

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

Thanks, Bill. I'll work on my F&C "wish list" for the next
time I see Steve at Naperville or Springfield. Do you know
if he did upgraded castings for the USRA double sheathed
rebuilds?

At 05:53 AM 2/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
Tim:

Th F&C variations represent versions with and without end doors and
wood and steel side doors. To the best of my knowledge, the kits are
among several not currently in production as Steve is re-doing patterns.
I built one of the early kits and ended up not using the ends that came
with the kit but ends from some of his other kits with better
representations of the correct ends, so I think waiting for upgraded
casting will be worth it.

Timothy O'Connor <timoconnor@...>
Sterling, Massachusetts