Re: GN 12 panel take 2

Martin McGuirk <mjmcguirk@...>

My bad -- the Overnight cars weren't 12-panels -- I think we used a
different end on them so it would have the top riblet -- that also
gave it the holes for the horizontal bar grab.

All these things have blended together -- the "original" paint scheme
on the GN 12-panels included the horizaontal bar -- which is correct
for the car in later years, but not in the original dark BCR paint.

Marty

On Apr 16, 2007, at 5:01 PM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

Marty McGuirk wrote:
It is possible that IRC cut a new end since I left, but I kind of
doubt it . . . I know the end with the horizontal grab was, at one
point, the only one that fit the 12-panel -- which is why that
end is
used with things like SP and ATSF 12-panel cars --- we left it
off the
SP Overnight cars done for Yesteryear by using the Modified AAR end,
but if I recall the alignment holes had to be adjusted.
You mean the Yesteryear Overnight model was done with the
12-panel body? (urk)

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail,
thompson@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history