Re: PRRT&HS annual meeting

Dean Payne <deanpayne@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, " Westerfield" <westerfield@...> wrote:

As usual, if you'd like me to bring any older kits to the meeting,
let me know. If things work out I'll be launching at least one
version of the GG hopper car. - Al Westerfield

Not being familiar with the GG hopper, I went here:

http://prr.railfan.net/freight/classpage.html?class=GG

The photo there is said to be a builder's photo, date of 11/16/39.
I can't believe that both are true! The text says they were built
in 1895, which is believable, but I'd be surprised to find one
hanging around 45 years later! On the other hand, it looks like
there are air hoses hanging down, so maybe this is a 1939 photo.
Anyone know? Were they in interchange service at that late date?

Dean Payne