From: Chet French
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Tuesday, 24 April, 2007 15:26
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Steam Era cars posted on Fallen Flags.

--- In STMFC@..., Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>
wrote:

> Chet French wrote:
> > The reporting marks for forty 29'-3" IL covered hoppers that
were
> > marked Central Soya Co., Inc., or McMillen Feed Mills, and
were
around
> > the midwest in the 1950's.
>
> Excellent report, Chet <g>. Some of us enjoy having NS
cars
in
> our fleets (the earlier one, of course) and we could have CSX
too.
But
> now we need the decals! anyone ready for that project?

I just checked the Bowser website and they offer a black
McMillen
Feed Mill car with CSX 104 reporting mark and number, kit
#55619, and
a gray CSX 124 with no other lettering, kit 55877. I am not
sure how
accurate these cars are. Cars were numbered 100-139.

Chet French
Dixon, IL

Yahoo! Groups Links