Re: Modeling the World War II period . . .

Ted Schnepf <railsunl@...>

At 12:43 PM 4/24/2007, you wrote:

Jason's question about auto box cars in WW2 triggered a question or
two in my mind, maybe some here can help with.

Anyone know of specific resources for modeling the World War II
period? Books, for instance? Is there a Yahoo modeling group focused
on these years?

Thank you much,

-Brian
Hi Brian,

there was a whole series or 4 books written during the war by Farrington, Railroading at the Head end, Railroading at the Rear End, Railroading the Modern Way, and maybe Railroads at War. This author was always riding trains during the war and presenting railroad operations in their best light. They were in my home town public library in the 1960's and comprised the railroad book section. these books by Farrington are still a good prototype rear for that period.

Ted

Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@foxvalley.net
847-697-5353 or 5366
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://users.foxvalley.net/~railsunl/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used. HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 4% added).

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.