Modeling the WW II era

Charles Etheredge

I'm enjoying this thread. I have picked this era to model because (1),
the sheer volume of traffic increased tremendously, (2) every surplus,
old rolling stock that could be had was used and, (3) the war prolonged
the life of a lot of steam locos that were waiting to be cut up. Also,
there was a lot of leased steam from foreign roads so that gives us the
opportunity to run a few locomotives that otherwise would never be
seen. Since we can't seem to get a good Harriman loco from any
manufacturer, we have to substitute something. <g>

Charles Etheredge
Modeling the TNO in the 40's