Re: Steam Era Railroad Movies

original_coaster <ladanas@...>

As has been pointed out already, there were two versions of this
promotional film (the latter of which, if I recall, reused some
material from the original). The numerous shots in this version of the
post-1949 Shasta Daylight would, I think, be enough to peg this as the
later version. Additionally, there's a shot of an Espee bobtail
delivery truck in a Daylight-inspired livery that -- again, if I recall
correctly -- was introduced on Southern Pacific trailers and vans circa
1954.

Great shots, and it's really interesting to be reminded of how much
more labor-intensive railroading once was . . . not really so long ago
(or at least I like to think it wasn't so long ago).

Regards,
Paul