Re: Help needed to ID brass caboose importer & model

Chad Boas

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Haas &#92;(G2&#92;)" <Goatfisher2@...>
wrote:

Group,

I have a caboose (sans box) I acquired along the line as part of a
collection.

Though painted and lettered for Great Northern (X271), it doesn't
match up
against anything GN I've found in my library.

On the bottom of the caboose is a piece of Brass with a marker
light inked
on it. I recognize this emblem as the symbol of one of the
importers, but
for the life of me I can't recollect who's symbol that is. Any
clues?
Look at at DT&I or Monon International cabooses.
Chad
The caboose itself represents a steel caboose, body about 30 - 31
feet.
Cupola is slightly off center toward the back and is the same width
as the
caboose. Front and back of the cupola have wide spread square
windows with
raised lip representing a seal. Side windows on cupola are
smaller, square,
widely spaced front to back. Drip "eave" above windows on both
sides of
cupola. Body has three windows on each side - one halfway between
rear edge
of cupola and end of body - two close together half way between
cupola and
front of caboose. These body window are separate casting and they
include
rivet or bolt detail around the frames of the windows. Smoke stack
in right
rear corner of car. Pair of marker lamps on one end of car and
brackets for
marker lamps at the other. Underbody details are pretty basic;
brake valve,
cylinder, reservoir, train line and tool box. "Japan" stamped
lightly on
underside of floor.

It shares some design characteristics with GN X31 - 40 most notably
the
cupola, but is way off in other features.

Any help out there, at least id'ing the Manufacturer based on the
Marker
Light symbol?

Thanks!

Best regards,