Re: Accurate Roadnames for new release of P2K AAR Flats?

Ed Hawkins

On Apr 29, 2007, at 12:27 PM, ogdentowebercanyon wrote:

Walthers has announced a new run of the Proto 2000 AAR flat cars for
the following road names and I would like to know which ones are
actually correct prototypes? Thanks.

N&W
MKT
ACL
EJ&E
KCS
Jason,
The model, if painted/lettered correctly, is generally accurate for the
following on the list:

ACL 77000-77471 (Class P13 and P14, 1943 by Greenville & P-S)
EJ&E 6375-6574 (1942 by Ralston)
EJ&E 6575-6774 (8-47 by AC&F)
KCS 1000-1199 (3-54 by AC&F)
M-K-T 13501-13525 (2-52 by M-K-T)
M-K-T 13701-13725 (4-54 by AC&F)

If N&W originally had any of the cars, I'm not aware of it. They may be
accurate for post-1964 after N&W acquired NKP. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins