Re: BX 100 - odd car found at Bellingham, WA

destron@...

Richard, that's as good a guess as any as I've heard so far.

Given the security atmosphere nowadays we didn't feel like climbing the
fence to get a closer look, but we're hoping to talk to the gatemen next
time we're down there, and see if we can't get a closer look at it.

Frank Valoczy

I have no real idea regarding what this car is. It seems odd that one
would use a concrete car as a reach. There's so many other cars that
would work, including retired flat cars, box cars, cur down or not, etc.
Since it seems to be associated with the ferry, is there any chance it
could have been used as a counterweight when loading or unloading the
ferry to keep the ferry relatively level? Pure speculation on my part,
FWIW.
Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading
spam and email virus protection.

Yahoo! Groups Links

!DSPAM:1291,46350a20224029694515770!