Re: GN 31000-31300 series: Double- or single-sheathed?

Scott Thompson

Yes, you are corrct - I have copies of several GN diagram books over
the years ... and checked several of them to review consistency of
the informatin. Also, I used more than the diagram books for the
info. My earlier point is still the same; I did not include text on
every possible detail and the information that I did use was based on
original sources.

Scott Thompson

Scott Thompson wrote:
Wow do we have a different opinion!
Actually based on information listed in more than one GN Freight
Car
Diagram book . . . Obviously I do not believe the caption
is 'full of
errors' and I would not classify my self as ignorant about the
subject
matter. I guess those pesky GN documents that I used for
researching
the book might be incorrect?
Diagram books often contain simplified information, and yes,
sometimes contain errors, especially when a later diagram is
prepared
for an older car. I would never trust diagrams ALONE for this kind
of
information. Often it's prudent to look at OTHER pesky documents
before
reaching conclusions.

Publishers of books on railroad history