Re: California state RR museum

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Tim:

Try this: http://66.129.110.33/ . With the exception of the Pullman photo collection, you only get a list of boxes and folders, with fairly general notes about content. This might not be helpful. As you might imagine, they have a very large SP collection, and you could eat up a lot of precious time wallowing around. My best suggestion is to contact the museum by e-mail and discuss your interests. Give them specific dates you plan to visit, and they will pull the files or boxes you want. Set up your plans well in advance, then confirm your visit again about a week before you arrive if you are asking for a lot of stuff. The library is only open from 1-5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. As usual, you are only allowed a pencil and paper, though laptops are allowed. I don't know if you can bring your own scanner. You will find the staff very helpful.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

timboconnor@... wrote:

Garth, do they have a catalog, or do you have to (can you?) browse
the CSRM photo collection? I want to visit someday but I'd like to know
how much time I'll have to allocate to find SP freight car and locomotive
info.