Re: Texas and Pacific Mail Storage boxcars

Frank Fertitta <frank1357@...>

Jerry -

I just completed four of those cars using data from the Oddballs Decal sheet and data from an article by Martin Loftin in May 1994 Model Railroader. I took Loftin's measurements and drew a diagram on a file card.

Great choice for a project. You've really got to want that car to do all the measuring, masking, waiting for the paint to dry, and tedious decaling.

Frank

asychis@... wrote:
Hi Guys,

The Amarillo Railroad Museum is interested in producing the T&P 1700-1724
series mail storage boxcars. Doe snayone out there have or know of a painting
diagram? I have most of the data I need from Ed Hawkins excellent article in
the Spring 2000 MPHS Eagle. Thanks!

Jerry Michels