Re: California state RR museum

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Garth G. Groff wrote:
The main door has always been locked until 1 p.m. when I've been there. I assume that you need to make special arrangements to get in earlier.
Yes, the library's own entrance is locked until 1 PM. The purpose is to exclude casual members of the public, not researchers; you will often find people doing research in the library in the morning. Dealing with the public requires answering many (often naive) questions, and essentially full-time presence at the desk. Researchers in the library who are working on their own are an entirely different matter, as by definition they don't require any staff attention. In the AM, library staff are doing their own curatorial and other work.
You can come up the staff stairway at the west end of the building at 9:00.

Publishers of books on railroad history