Library Collections: Don't Forget The Stanford

Shawn Beckert

List,

I do most of my research at the California State Railroad
Museum Library, since their drawing catalog is mostly on-line,
and any questions I have are almost always answered with
a phone call to the (always) helpful staff.

When it comes to freight cars, however, I've been told that the
Stanford University Library may be of even more use when it
comes to drawings of freight equipment, at least of the Southern
Pacific Railroad:

http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/tf2199n586

I don't know how accessible their collection is ( I do know you
need to schedule visits in advance), but from their on-line lists
of material I think it would be worth a trip up there to find out.

Shawn Beckert