Re: Preweathered Model Comment

Rod Miller

Hi,

The big difference I see right now between the two hobbies is the production
of "ready-to-run" armor in 1/72 scale that is pre-painted nicely, but also
weathered, such as the Dragon Armor lines, which we do not have an equivalent
to in HO, S, or O-scale model railroading. I wonder when someone is going to
sit up and take notice of THAT currently vacant niche in the MR hobby! Can
you imagine how nicely pre-weathered Kadee cars might sell?
In O scale, Weaver offers pre-weathered versions of AFIK all of its
product line (which for most volume manufacturers in O is available
either in 2-rail or 3-rail). See:

http://www.weavermodels.com/page20.html

bottom of page.

Rod