Re: [PRR-Modeling] Asked for freight cars (most PRR), and the PRRT&HS Meet

Jerry Britton

On May 8, 2007, at 9:37 AM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD wrote:

H30 and H30A in HO and N, as a state-of-the-art plastic kit or RTR. A number
of folks asked about a state-of-the-art H30, and potentially also an H30A,
with stand-off details, brake gear, and etc. Some appreciate the F&C kit,
but would like to see them an easy to build plastic kit or as RTR.
There is a manufacturer looking at the H30 or H30a for N scale in resin as a "third" project. The first is a G39 and the initial test shots look very promising. I wouldn't have suggested the G39 as a first PRR project, but a significant single customer is pushing for it.

Plastic state-of-the-art PRR gondolas, in both HO and N. I heard about this
a lot. Classes discussed were dominated by the G31 and sub- classes, which no
one can understand the absence of, but also the G22 in plastic, the GS, and a
plastic G27.
Though not "state of the art" plastic, the aforementioned manufacturer plans to do the G22 in N scale in resin following the G39. We should know more by fall.
"Merchandise Service" - Model railroad products...
http://merchandise.pennsyrr.com