Smoky Valley

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

I recently purchased from a seller in Tallahassee, FL an HO c. 1946-7 Varney "Super Mikado", very nicely built and finished, and little used (this was the early sprung Mikado that used the same cast lead alloy boiler as the Varney Pacific). It is lettered on the cast aluminum Vanderbilt tender "SMOKY VALLEY". Does this private road name ring any bells at all with any of the Florida contingent on this list?

The seller told me that he had had the locomotive for many years, but has no recollection at all from whom he might have purchased it. I am very much interested in recording for the next owner the provenance of this fairly uncommon and pretty robust early Steam Era Freight Car hauling model locomotive.

Any help or leads are much appreciated (BTW, the spelling is SMOKY, nor SMOKEY!).

Denny
--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento