Re: True Line Trains CN Box Cars

LOUIS WHITELEY <octoraro1@...>

Judging by the reweigh/repaint dates on these photos, am I correct to assume that the scheme with no leaf was in effect in 1948, the white maple leaf in 1951, and the green leaf in 1954? Are more specific dates for the changeovers available?

Lou Whiteley
Lawrenceville, NJ

John Golden <golden1014@yahoo.com> wrote:
Gentlemen,

I got an electronic flyer from True Line Trains this
week announcing delivery of their CN all-steel box car
models. I haven't heard any mention of the cars on
this list, so I thought I'd pass the link along for
your information and/or review. Here's the catalog
listing from Canadian Model Trains:

http://www.modeltrains.com/WEB%20-%20CMT/True%20Line%20Trains/HO/true-line-trains-canadian-national.htm

Here's a link to one of the cars, with no herald:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300000-1%20copy.jpg

Here's a link to one of the cars with the Maple Leaf
herald:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300004-1%20copy.jpg

And here's a link to one of the cars with a green
Maple Leaf:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300008-1%20copy.jpg

They're also offering an interesting paint
scheme--I've never seen a prototype car with this
scheme:
http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES/PICTURES%20-%20Non-brass-1/True%20Line%20Trains/TLT-300011-1%20copy.jpg

John

John Golden