Re: Molasses in Tank Cars in the 1950s

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Garth G. Groff wrote:
SP "diamond-s" tanks were frequently seen at the C&H sugar refinery at Crockett, California. It is my understanding that they were restricted to liquid sugar service . . .
True, and they were so stenciled for a number of years.

Molasses I know nothing about. I wonder if they were used by other SP-served sugar refiners, say Spreckles or Holly?
Yes. I have photos at Spreckels (note spelling), and I understand they were used by Imperial Sugar at Sugar Land, Texas also, and by an ASRX facility at Arlington (does anyone know about the latter?).

Publishers of books on railroad history