Re: Molasses in Tank Cars in the 1950s

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

A.T. Kott wrote:
We saw a lot of the SP diamond "S" tank cars down in San Antonio - Houston area. However, I never did realize that they were associated with sugar production at Sugar Land. They may have been in water service in that configuration here too.
I was TOLD that they worked at Sugar Land, don't have any photos showing that. I have seen altogether three photos of SP "restricted stencil" liquid sugar cars and ASRX cars at Arlington. Maybe it was just a yard, don't know what would be the reason for them there. Can anyone help?

Publishers of books on railroad history