caboose ladders

Dean Payne <deanpayne@...>

I need to finish my kitbash of a W&LE caboose. I have a pair of
Athearn caboose ladders (# 12504) but I now realize they are too crude
for the rest of the work I put into it. These ladders don't curve over
the top in an arc, these bend down at a 45 degree angle or so. The
prototype uses a flat stile and round rungs. I don't think I am good
enought to fabricate a decent stile out of styrene, nor would it be
sturdy enough. The Athearn ladder is sturdy enough, but it is
obviously stamped out of a flat sheet of metal. Does anybody make a
higher-quality part? TCS makes a resin kit for the caboose, I wonder
what ladder they use?

Dean Payne