Re: Front Range Box Cars

armprem

Thanks Ed,This is going ro save me a awful lot of work.In a way,they are not bad looking cars.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Hawkins" <hawk0621@sbcglobal.net>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Front Range Box Cars

On Jun 8, 2007, at 2:27 PM, armprem1 wrote:

I am currently trying to update several Front Range box cars to near
current standards.Can someone help me with some information?The CMO
box
car (37000) series has a built date of 10-45 and has a diagonal panel
roof as does an NKP welded side car (20203) also with a 1945 built
date.The lettering on each car is well done.What type of roof and
running board did each car have and just how accurate are these cars?
Any other information you can share will be much appreciated.Armand
Premo
Armand,
Front Range produced a number of different models, however, for the
most part their 40' box car models represented box cars built 1955 to
the early 1960s. They are not correct for anything built as early as
1945. The NKP car 20203 wasn't even built in 1945, but rather was built
in March 1941 as part of ACF lot number 2080 (series 20200-20499).
These NKP prototype cars didn't look anything like the FR models.
Totally bogus.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Yahoo! Groups Links