Re: Helium Car Kits and Decals

rfederle@...

I may have missed that post but when "helium service ended" is mentioned, what service was that referenced too, if anyone recalls?

Aboard the Dive support vessel I serve on Helium is used. Service ending may have refered to Navy use and the way it was transported. Those cars at NASA, if not in interchange, may be used in captive service on the facility.

Robert Federle
---- Anthony Thompson <thompson@signaturepress.com> wrote:

Although it somewhat (!) exceeds the parameters of this list,
it was mentioned the other day that helium service ended in 1998. There
were two or three of the 30-tube cars at NASA Cape Canaveral two years
ago, and they didn't look like storage cars.

Publishers of books on railroad history