Re: Santa Fe & PFE's-Erie Citrus Traffic

SUVCWORR@...

In a message dated 6/18/2007 2:45:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bakert@... writes:

. My second question relates to where all the meat traffic off the CGW went
when it got to Chicago. Thursday nights were "meat nights" on the CGW with
trains heading out of all terminals and conv
erging at Oelwein for the haul to Chicago, sometimes in m
ultiple sections, at least in the days of steam. I am under the impression
that the PRR did not get very much of the CGW meat traffic. Any solid
information out there?

Tom:

If you look at the PRR consists for freight trains in 1952 most if not all
the dressed meat loads that the PRR carried came through ST. Louis.

Rich Orr