Tim O'

From: Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>
Something else to consider in regard to the share of traffic thing. While PFE
may have preferred one eastern road, say the SDG, it was owned by SP and UP,
which had relationships with other roads, say for example road RME for auto
parts or other high value westbound traffic. If PFE caused traffic to be routed
away from RME, that road might retaliate by trying to get that other traffic
going west routed ATSF or DRGW/WP. A lot of that log-rolling behavior occurred
and was, I believe, an important factor in maintaining traffic balance.