Re: Santa Fe & PFE's-Erie Citrus Traffic - eASTBOUND

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Posted by: "Russ Strodtz" I posted a factual record of a days business Eastbound. Did anyone count
the number of ERIE car compared to the other roads? Actually I was rather
surprised at the volume of PRR meat. In later years this traffic seems to have moved
to the NYC.

I must have missed that factual record amongst all the noise Russ. Where can I find it - if a posting, about when ?

I would expect to see some shift of service sensitive traffic to the NYC in the late 50's because that's when they made a major schedule rearrangement to move traffic faster.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478