Re: The Delano Photo

Phil Clark

Ed, that remark you made about '... Micromark sells preweathered scribed sheets...' intrigues me. Right now I have no Internet access to explore the Micromark site. I'll get to my local library and logon there in the next few days. So, what's the part number? You mention All Nation and Ulrich, is it O or H0? So far, I used individual 1 by 6 planks, stained differing shades of box car red on a DA gondola, a composite side in H0.

'...Stain or paint the boards separately then ad braces. This technique
was mentioned in a 1970s MR article using an All Nation single
sheathed box car. I used it on an Ulrich SS box car.
Micromark sells preweathered scribed sheets made of individual pieces
of wood which show diffences in graying....'

'...Do you guys think the grain would show on painted wood?...'

I doubt it, but the narrow guage guys would have opinions.

Phil Clark, ALTON GU34 2RS, UK