Re: Are NG couplers the same size as Sandard Gauge?

Rob Adams

The answer apparently depends upon which line you are interested in. I ran across the following information about Prototype Couplers from Bruce Metcalf some time back while trying to answer the same question myself. Click the "Couplers" link at the following URL:

<http://users.adelphia.net/~brmetcalf/rr/>

Kind regards, Rob Adams

Rich C wrote:

Norm,

From what I have seen in various pictures and such,
they are about 3/4 the size.

Rich Christie
Railtown 1897 Jamestown CA
--- Norm <ndrez@att.net <mailto:ndrez%40att.net>> wrote:

I'm modeling a (mythical but plausible) NG line
circa 1940. Would the couplers have been identical
to standard gauge ones?
TIA
Norm

--