Rutland 10000 series Hoppers (was Re: HOME HEATING COAL)

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Rome Romano wrote:
"I remember Jeff English telling me that to build a correct Rutland
10000 I had to start with a Westerfield 3 bay and cut it down,
as a two bay was not available at the time. This was shortly after
the Tichy "USRA" was produced with the wide middle panel."

Additionally, you had to cut it down in height as well. I remeber Andy
Clermont did one many years ago from using the Tichy USRA twin; more
recently, Bill Badger reworked a Bowser PRR Class GLA:
http://users.rcn.com/jimdu4/ModelingTheRutland/BadgersHopper10009.htm

Ben Hom