1960...

From: "vgnry" <vgnry212@...>

There was a connection between the C&O and VGN at Deepwater; a very
steep one. Doubtful that loaded coal trains would have been
interchanged there, versus Gilbert or the Winding Gulf line where
there were a number of jointly-served mines. In fact, I doubt that it
was technically an interchange point, given the grade and the C&O
layout on the river.