Re: [PRRPro] decals

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

It does remind us that oral history is often inaccurate,
as I know from interviewing railroad officials--their memory for
specific facts was atrocious.

As a former railroad managment man, I think Tony's just made an important point. It's much easier to remember overall concepts of the operation than very specific facts. I will often have a correct general impression of what happened but not accurately recall specific facts that contribute to that impression. Being corrected on many email lists has contributed a lot to correcting my memories.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478