Re: FGEX reefers

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Ben,

I don't know. I haven't been a COHS member for many, many years. [I read there magazine in the library where I work.] Have you considered emailing or calling their headquarters? They have a nice little retail store at their archives in Clifton Forge which is staffed about six days a week. I'm sure they could arrange to send you a copy charged to your Visa.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

benjaminfrank_hom wrote:

Garth Groff wrote:
"The April 2007 issue C&O HISTORY, THE CHESAPEAKE & OHIO HISTORICAL MAGAZINE is almost entirely devoted to the C&O's part of Fruit
Growers Express history. In addition to a general introduction to C&O
reefer operations up to joining FGE, the article is mainly about the
icing platform at Clifton Forge, Virginia. It is rich in diagrams,
photos and operating details (including notes on regular icing of Swift
cars). I was particularly interested to see a builder's photo of C&O
reefer 81045, one of 50 cars built by AC&F in 1923 (which later became
FGEX 11301-11349). This is just Part 1 of a series by Al Kresse."

Garth, how do you obtain single issues from the C&OHS? They are not listed in their online company store. They do have a sample issue posted - this one contains an article on backdating the Walthers HO scale 90700-series caboose:
http://www.cohs.org/magazine/cohistory-dec02.pdf

Ben Hom

Yahoo! Groups Links