Re: Steel Shipments

Richard Townsend

I have a history of the Youngstown Sheet and Tube Co. published in 1950.? It refers to and has illustrations showing the production of "cold rolled strip in coils."? The coils illustrated could be (are are shown being) moved individually by fork lifts, and appear to be a size that would readily fit through the door of a box car with a 6' door.? The width of the sheets being coiled is called out as 54".? I'm guessing the coils are 3' to 4' in diameter.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon