Re: pic from rrpicturearchives

mike turner <yardcoolieyahoo@...>

Tim,

These programs allow creation and viewing .pdf files without Adobe's
help. Printing from a word processor, spreadsheet, or other program to a
.pdf does work. I have not tried converting a scanned image, yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDFCreator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostscript

Mike Turner
Simpsonville, SC

Tim O'Connor wrote:

George R. Stilwell, Jr. writes:

"This is the 21st century. Who goes to Kinkos and pays their prices when you
can scan the handout to a PDF file and distribute it via E-mail for free."

scan to a PDF for free? i've had 6 PC's over the years and
not one of them can CREATE a PDF file -- only the Adobe reader
is freeware, not the writer software. But I'm sure if you'll
send Bill $449 for the Adobe software, plus a flatbed scanner,
and a stack of CD's and mailing sleeves, then he'll make you
a free copy.